Beard Grooming Tips for a Better Look!
- Some recommend only having this done professionally. Others won’t let anyone else get near their beards with scissors or trimmers.
- If you’re going to trim your beard yourself, you’ll need the right tools. You will have to decide whether to trim using scissors or a beard trimmer.
- If you decide to trim primarily with scissors, consider purchasing a pair of professional barber’s scissors.
- When considering beard trimmers, a rechargeable cordless model might be a good choice.
- You should also have a good wide-toothed comb. Optionally, for the mustache, you might want to have a fine-toothed comb. Some specialty stores sell small mustache combs.
- A good-sized wall mirror is usually indispensable. You might also benefit from a magnifying mirror and possibly a three-way mirror.
- Do not trim a wet beard or mustache. Wet hair is longer. When it dries you may find you’ve trimmed too much.
- If you use a comb and scissors: Comb through the beard and cut the hair on the outside of the comb. It will take some practice to perfect this technique. It is better to err on the side of not cutting enough rather than cutting too much.
- To help maintain a balance between the two side